Welcome to Prattville Junior High School
The mission of Prattville Junior High School is to provide excellent educational opportunities which enable our students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and personal qualities necessary to be responsible and successful citizens.
Today at noon, I made a few announcements on Instagram Live. I must say - it made me miss the Cats even more! During this unprecedented time, we will absolutely do our best to continue the mission of PJHS to provide for our students. Today's info included the following:
- ACBOE lunch will be provided Wednesday from 9:30-10:30 at PIS, Autaugaville, Billingsley, and Pine Level Elem. Lunch status does not matter, but the student(s) must be present.
- Most instruction will be through Google Classroom. I encourage parents to email teachers to be added to GC if you would like notifications of assignments and announcements.
- If you do not know your Google Classroom login info, please email Mrs. Weldon (go to Staff Websites and click on her picture. Then click on "CONTACT".)
- Students will be able to pick up textbooks, materials, band instruments, locker items, etc. next week. They can also return library books and parents can pick up medication. We will provide a schedule (hopefully Wednesday). Everyone cannot come at the same time because everyone must use the front doors ONLY and have their temperature taken. Stay tuned!
- Teachers will be posting a Weekly Work Plan beginning April 6th. Some teachers will be using Zoom meetings twice each week. That schedule will be published also. They will NOT have to sit at a device all day! Students who have completed work during the past two weeks may receive credit for their work; however, it will not be counted against them. Work beginning April 6 is REQUIRED.
- Students had questions about sports and field trips - those are all canceled. No in-person activities can occur until at least June 5. The yearbook has been submitted - when we know more, we will let you know. Report cards - I hope to have info during announcements on Wed at noon.
- We will also have an exercise plan each day for students. It is important for them to exercise their minds and bodies during this time.
- Stay Safe! Wash your hands! Practice Social Distancing! Find some normalcy each day!
- Love you all! See you on Instagram Live Wednesday at noon for more announcements. GO CATS!!!!!!
Students can practice skills with exercises, quizzes, and mastery challenges and get immediate feedback and support.
Also check out the Middle School Remote Calendar.
*Free account requires parent email confirmation.
Check our website for announcements and updates as well as individual teacher assignments.
Joining the cat family?
Get to know Prattville Junior High School and all it has to offer. Sessions that will include an informational session, school tour, and question/answer session. Pre Registration is not required and sessions are open to all parents and students interested in PJHS.
Join in the fun and let's GET MOVING!
It's okay if you have never run before....this program is great for beginners. The 3.1 mile run will be held on April 4th and will start at the YMCA. You'll have to register online. All participants will receive a special prize from Mrs. Stockman. Soon, we will also have a day a week we will practice our run together. Stay Tuned.....
Week 5 (Feb 24-29):
Run 1: 5 min walk / 5 min run / 3 min walk / 5 min run / 3 min walk / 5 min run
Run 2: 5 min walk / 8 min run / 5 min walk / 8 min run
Run 3: 5 min walk / 20 minutes of running
Week 6 (Mar 1-7): Practice Tuesday & Wednesday - pickup at 4:15
Run 1: 5 min walk / 5 min run / 3 min walk / 8 min run / 3 min walk / 5 min run
Run 2: 5 min walk / 10 min run / 3 min walk / 10 min run
Run 3: 5 min walk / 25 minutes of running
Week 7 ( Mar 8 - 13): Practice Tuesday & Wednesday - pickup at 4:15
For your 3 runs in week 7: 5 min walk / 25 minutes of running
Explore themes in Madeleine L'Engle's
A Wrinkle in Time via an original podcast
developed by Ms. Meherg's classes.
“A book, too, can be a star, “explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,” a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.”― Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time
FREE Tutoring Available
* First Baptist Church, Prattville: Grades 7 -12(Math & Science) Tuesday, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM Adult Education Building Room 102
* Alabama Free Live Homework Help @ HomeworkAlabama.org
EARN CASH FOR OUR SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
Box Tops For Education is changing.
You can still CLIP IT and send in the traditional box tops to the school. Please send the traditional Box Tops in to your student's homeroom teacher or have your student drop them off in the Library Media Center. Our first submission date for Traditional Box Tops is November 1st and again on March 1st. You will find that many of the products who have had traditional Box Tops are phasing them out. The New Box Tops will be collected through an App you can download from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. You will use this App to scan your receipt.
Click the Box Tops icon to find out more
The Google Classroom students utilize at PJHS is an ACOBE managed application. Students should NOT change their name or password. These accounts follow students from school to school in our district and are used by multiple teachers within the school.
Any time this information has to be reset the student will be assessed a $1.00 Resetting Fine for each item reset. Disciplinary action will result when names and/or numbers are changed repeatedly.
Students should protect their log-in information, never save passwords to a computer, and log-out when they complete their assignments both at school and home.
First.....choose a new or used, age appropriate, book(s) to donate to the PJHS library.
Next...Post the picture of your books on social media and tag your nominated friends to spread the challenge. Copy these instructions in your post! Make sure others can “share”.
6th Period Check-Out
Please be reminded that students cannot be checked out after 2:40 P. M. Thank you for your cooperation!
Parents: Get involved with the P.I.G.
The Parent Involvement Group is a vital part of PJHS. If you are interested in joining P.I.G. or have questions, contact the group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Birthday to YOU!
For $10, you can have your name (& picture if you like) on the PJHS Digital Sign. Send in the following with your $: Name of Student / Birthdate / Grade Level / Homeroom
If you would like a picture included, please email it to Mrs. Stockman.
We must have requests ONE week in advance to make sure it is posted on the sign.